Search This Blog

Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Pastor Refuses to Marry Straight Couple.

When my wife, of 21 years, and I decided to get married on January 28, 1994 my pastor said no. He had his reasons. I did not and still do not agree with his logic based on our particular situation. So, call me a rebel, I found another pastor.  Good thing to, or the very fabric of our nation's human right's might have unraveled prematurely since I couldn't have my way. We couldn't have the moral thread of our nation unravel prematurely now, could we?
I asked my wife to marry me on October 16,1993. The second anniversary of the first time we held hands. We were going to get married the following October. But December brought us a surprise gift. Hand holding got sloppy. Let's just say our situation required action. We had a baby on the way. We had fallen into our own sexual sin. Actions will follow repentance. Since two wrongs don't make a right, at least in my mind, there was only one right thing left to do. Make and preserve a family, regain my honor.  In any case, I had proven I wasn't good at waiting. 
The pastor wanted time to council us. I told him the council time had been sacrificed to more palatable activities. We wanted to be married that day.
Even though I'm from a hick town in the south and was still in my youth and inexperience, I was intelligent enough to know both parties were not going to be satisfied. The guy had every right to say no. I applaud him for not making a easy $150 for a hour of compromising his convictions. I knew a bribe was a crime but never dreamed refusing money for ethical reasons would become one. Confused yet?  How is anyone supposed to know what to do? Who knew, refusing to marry a couple would become a criminal offense?

Somethings are super complicated. Mostly, because we make them that way.  Some of us overthink, others are just too oblivious to see the forest for the trees. If you have to be one or the other, even though ignorance is bliss, I'd rather be the over thinker.  Now more than ever, I'm seeing things that scare me for unbelievers. 
 
It's too much of a downward spiral for me to say we're on a slippery slope. It's more like we're toddlers, who stumbled into the wrong restroom, and flushed the good stuff down the toilet. I am talking about Houston's "bathroom law". (Google it) It might be the craziest solution ever offered to those with an identity crisis. Similarly, Coeur d'Alene promises jail time to those not willing to perform same sex marriages. Apparently, places like Houston and Coeur d'Alene, are ready to sacrifice Lady Liberty on an altar hypocritically inscribed as human "rights". Until just recently, I knew the difference between rights and privileges. I thought, I shouldn't need a license to qualify for a right. Now, like the rest of the nation I'm so confused. Since truth is constant, I consider these words from the Declaration of Independence, for clarity.
"We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.--"
These rights are given by our creator. "Nature's God" and men pledging their "sacred honor" have been the only defense of human rights of which I am aware. Anyone with the deducing skills of a goldfish can tell you no rights can be defended without the First Amendment. Few remain in Washington that hold anything sacred enough to pledge to. Honor might as well be extinct. Meaning unless "Nature's God" steps up, men will make slaves of men again.

 Slavery? Isn't that a stretch  No, being put in jail for refusing to perform a service is forced labor. It's never good business to give your business to someone that doesn't want it. I wonder if anyone on a foreign relations committee ever said that? I digress. I'm talking about forcing photographers, bakers, and pastors to provide you services they don't want to. Why would you want them to? You can lable the sermon snatch anything you'd like, except correct, but it is a particularly sadistic nature creating a dilemma between a man's principles and his livelihood. It not like we need to be forced to blind side our ethics over a dollar. The whole scenario should scare the pants off the gay community. Strip a society of its scruples and anarchy will follow. More truth from the Declaration of Independence, "all experience hath shewn, that mankind are more disposed to suffer, while evils are sufferable, than to right themselves by abolishing the forms to which they are accustomed." Historically anarchy isn't pleasant for anyone. Especially homosexuals. It's not like they did so great void of Christian input in Stalin's reign. Or Hitlers. They'll fair worst under Islam. You might think that's a stretch but look how far we've fallen in the lifetime of my child. We're ready to imprison pastors for not compromising their convictions. If a man's religious freedom can be sacrificed for your pursuit of Happiness, how will you stay happy? If you're willing to sacrifice someone's honor for your happiness you missed not only Christ but the spirit of freedom. Are you sure the right to Life will be sacred enough to preserve? In any case, you no longer have the luxury of stating "we're only hurting ourselves . "

If God exists, then freedom could've only come from Him. 
Now the Lord is the Spirit, and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom. 2 Corinthians 3:17.

Christians hold life sacred. Liberty sacred. An individual's pursuit to Happiness without destroying sacred items sacred. We hold marriage sacred. Because those things come from God.
We are for marriage between a man and woman? Christians recognize sacred items because we realize in our own selfishness we were willing to sacrifice the most sacred thing of all, Jesus Christ. He loves you. He wants us to stop sinning and hold things sacred. I love you and got your back right up to where you turn it on God. Even then, I wont stab you in it.
 Are you sure you're looking at this right? Are you sure, "I was born this way" is an appropriate defense for what's happening now?
"God is not the author of confusion." 1 Corinthians 14:33
Curiously, back in 1994 it never occurred to me to have my pastor arrested. I've never wanted someone who didn't want my money to have it. I'm certainly not gonna beg them to take it, let alone force them. But then again, I never have had hard time figuring out which bathroom to use since I was five. That's just me.  We aren't toddlers, could we be just plain wrong?



No comments: