Search This Blog

Thursday, November 24, 2011

Do You Understand? Thankfully I don't.

                                             Do you Understand? Thankfully I Don't

Of all the things, I am most thankful for things that work that I don’t understand.
Honestly, aren’t you glad so many things we take for granted work even though we can’t explain it? Better yet, that it is not dependant on us to work at all. Imagine having to design and to explain why the following examples work: Like, how they get all that music on one little Ipod.(I am still not over 45 records or 8 track tapes).  Look how fast the microwave cooks. How do the leaves on a tree know when to fall and when to come back? Why does burning produce light? What keeps the moon from crashing into earth? What keeps my wife from choking me to death? I don’t know and it’s not my problem. Thank you very much. Know what else I don’t understand? Grace. I don’t understand why an all powerful, all knowing, perfect God had to send His son to die to save me. I know it is too important to leave up to me.I know its enough. Cause He said it was. (2nd  Corinthians 12:9)   I don’t have to understand something to know it works and to be thankful it does.  Honestly, I am thankful I don't. I don't think we could handle knowing all that.  I am just so glad it works. Just like everything else God provides and is in control of.

                                                                Thanksgiving Praises
From the mountains to the coast, praise the Father, Son, and Holy Ghost. The heavens tell us His story, of His majesty and of His glory. From the sky to the Ocean floor, we lift Him high but He loves us more. In garden or dessert places, He gives pardon to many faces. Though we still ask for more, when we have so much to be thankful for, this day we set aside to battle with our selfish pride. Thanksgiving day we should know to praise God from whom all blessings flow.
clinthardwick@2011

No comments: