Search This Blog

Friday, July 24, 2015

Karen DeAngelo Another Broken Vessel

Testimonies are one of the weapons we use to combat the enemy. When we testify, we join the supernatural power God has displayed throughout our lives with the natural world in the present moment.  The bible says "And they overcame him by the blood of the Lamb and by the word of their testimony, and they did not love their lives to the death." Rev 12:11
After salvation, our greatest weapon against our enemy is our testimonies. One of the most inspiring testimonies belongs to Karen Miller DeAngelo. She's another broken vessel pouring out the living water of Christ.  She's definitely done battle with the enemy and continues to be a warrior for the kingdom of God. Her telling of her story influenced me to tell my own. It's my hope she might influence you to tell yours.

I consider Karen Miller DeAngelo, a close friend. There's nothing odd about me being friends with the outspoken wife of a pastor. Except, we've never met. In fact, I've never even heard the sound of her voice. Yet, I know intimate details of her amazing life.
I met Karen's daughter, and would be son-in- law in South Africa in 2008. I fell in love with them. After hearing part of Karen's story, upon returning to the states, I reached out to her via the internet. I began reading her blogs and was hooked. Thanks to the age of social media, Karen and I have cultivated our common interests into a friendship through Facebook since August 2009. 
During my fight with cancer, Karen was as  very supportive. She and her church  lifted my name to the father.
I just finished Karen's autobiography, Yellow Fields of Grace, published this  year by Tate. It's a hilarious tale with an inspiring testimony, heart breaking struggles, bold confessions, and victory in Jesus. One that will have you cheering for her and Christ. Karen's story is one of triumph over tragedy that you won't want to miss. You'll laugh and cry as you get to know her as well as I do.

No comments: