Search This Blog

Friday, March 20, 2015

TRUST

I didn't know her. I had never met this troubled young women in her twenties. As I read the multiple charges of larceny and prostitution that riddles the public record of my friend, now in her middle age years, I realized she was a completely different woman. I didn't recognize her from her past. She was looking to expunge her past and she wanted my help. As I said, I never met the troubled young woman who left home at sixteen.  I only knew the strong, encouraging, compassionate, and hard working woman she had grown into. I had only met the godly volunteering mother/grandmother.  I don't  have to imagine what kind of transformation must have taken hold of her life. It was Jesus. More than once , I have heard her say so. It has been a blessing to be her friend. Trusting me with her past has been one of my greatest honors.

Trust could arguably be the most complex human emotion. It is quite possible to love without trusting but impossible to trust your heart to someone you don't love. Trust is essential to belief.  You cannot believe in something or someone you don't trust. Simply put, it's hard to trust. Some people have a hard time loving God because they simply don't want to have to trust Him. Probably because that means submitting to Him. Yet, trust is what is required to right wrongs. The bible says  Trust in the Lord with all your heart
    and lean not on your own understanding;
in all your ways submit to him,
 and he will make your paths straight.  Proverbs 3:5-6

Jesus wants our trust so He can straighten out the messes we make out of our lives.  He expunges our records. So, God no longer remembers what we were. Through Him, we become a new creation unknown to the world.

My friend's eternal record has already been expunged. No matter what she had been, she's been washed . She became a new person, reborn through trust in Christ. If we do the same, imagine  our transformation. In just a little while, we would be so beautiful no one would recognize us either. Trust me, that's mighty pretty.
    

No comments: