Search This Blog

Friday, October 26, 2012

I just don't know who I am anymore.

Who am I and how did I get here? No, I don't have amnesia. So, even though I answer to nearly everything from Glenn to Trent, I  still know my name. Only now, looking in the mirror back at me is a completely different person than just four years ago. Clint, I just don't know who you are anymore. And I am glad. Don't get me wrong, I'm still the nerdy, overweight guy with thinning, graying hair. I'm still a guy who's insecure, too sensitive, and over opinionated. I admit I am weak. But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me. 2 Corinthians12:9  No doubt, There's lots of room for improvement. Hopefully some that will come. New battles bring the opportunity for new victories or hard lessons. Victories can only be won by experience that come through the hard lessons.  Learning to listen to God is a difficult lesson to learn. I am convinced it isn't a skill, so you can't master it. If you think listening is hard, obeying is significantly harder. Understanding why God ask you to do something is nothing short of miraculous revelation and rare. Asking how He plans on you doing it will leave you lost in a mystery more often than not. Even after it seems to be over, you will still wonder how or, why did He do that? Sometimes you'll think you're nuts. So when God asked me to leave my church to attend another four years ago, I had no idea why. We had been invited to the Rock but I never gave it a second thought. I loved my home church. I was connected with the people, 36  years will do that. I loved the pastor. Why on earth would I visit another church?  I will spare you the details but I wasn't obedient right away. Eventually, I ended up at the Rock. I really love my church now, it has changed my life. I have learned lessons I would have never learned had I stayed in comfort.  For sure, it wasn't love at first sight.  I just didn't want to be there. One thing I have learned, God puts us where we need to be be not where we want to be. I need to be challenged not comfortable. Most of all, I need to be obedient. One of the most important lessons I have learned : God leaves nothing to chance. Not my life, not yours, not the sparrows'. Not the upcoming election.
   I would never pretend to understand everything God has been teaching America the last four years. What I do know is  He was securing Bob a home four years ago when He demanded I leave my church. I didn't know it would take four years of life changing teaching to prepare me and my family for it. The pastor didn't know, when he suggested I give Bob some work from time to time. Bob didn't know the  first day he put his bike in the back of my truck. But God knew. He is always in control. Always causing things to work together for our good. Only He knows His plans for us.  Jeremiah 29:11 The next four years are no exception. Regardless, the next president will be who God planned for us. I am voting for the man who I believe best represents the choice God would have me make. No choices are without consequences and either scenario presents problems for Christains.  I hope you don't disconnect your faith when it comes to politics.  But when I lift my eyes unto the hills  it ain't capital hill. My help comes from the Lord. The maker of heaven and earth.See Psalms 121. God is more interested in who we will be an eternity from now than how comfortable we will be four years from now.The very best thing we can do is learn the lessons He has for us.